Friday, January 8, 2016

3 Tips That Helped Me Improve My Drawing

Hey guys it's me Lily again. For my post of the day I would be happy to share simple things you can do to improve your drawing! 
1. Drawing takes lots and lots of practice, it just doesn't just appear on your front porch like the daily news paper. I mean think about it all the professional drawers started off drawing stick figures and worked for many years to reach where they are in there drawing. it's the same in sports like basketball stars had to practice over and over making baskets from different angles. So one easy way to improve your drawing is practice but practice doesn't makes perfect it makes better because no matter how good you are you'll make mistakes.
2. Just like sports and other you'll need some kind of guide.... For example in ice skating I had coaching ever since the day I started learning how to skate and I still get coaching even Olympic champion Gracie Gold gets coaching today. What I did was read books, watched tutorials on you tube, and looked at step by step images through Google search. Just by doing this gave me an idea on how to draw certain items or parts of the body in different styles. If your interest in improving I highly recommend this.
3. Looking is a another way of figuring out how to do something for example when I ice skate sometimes I like to see how skaters better then me skate so I can get an idea of how they do it so i can take that info and keep that in mind like when I see Gracie Cold in LA skate I like to see how she does it so I can learn how she does do some of her stuff. This may help for some people like maybe next time you see someone do a drawing or whatever see how they do it or watch them do it so you get ideas.
Thank you for reading this I hoped this help you like it helped me but overall you just need to practice and learn from different sources or people. Also here's an example of how my drawing changed over time: Thanks again!
Left: My drawing when I was like 5 middle: drawing when I was 10 right: recent 2016 drawing (13 yrs)


No comments:

Post a Comment